Saturday 8 October 2011

journey

The teacher once struck up a metaphor for us, to teach us about true gratitude (I think)... a person is sent a beautiful horse by a benevolent giver. A person of a certain type would fall in love with the horse, and become infatuated with it, and see nothing beyond it. Another type of person would be caused to ponder upon the giver; his kindness and generosity. And then a third type would simply sit upon the horse, and ride unto the giver.

All the good (and 'bad') you have been given in this world is your gifted horse, the Giver is Allah.

1 comment:

  1. Salaam!! I have just come across your blog. I have no idea if you are still using it or have another network. I was drawn to it being a medical student myself and a (lazy) student of knowledge.

    what i've read so far is beautiful and I'm certain you have many other pearls of wisdom to share. May Allah increase you! I pray you are in the best of imaan and health. In Sha Allah Khayr.

    ReplyDelete