Wednesday 12 January 2011

Alhamdulillah for skin.

I was talking to a lovely elderly patient today. He had a bazillion things wrong with him, but the only thing evident was his ridiculously severe case of psoriasis. He was pink all over, with skin just falling off.  He’s had psoriasis for 52 years!

I asked him to describe it for me - "at times it is itchy, tender, painful..." – he sounded like a bloke who doesn’t complain much, ma sha Allah, and said that it felt like he was pouring his heart out to me. He mentioned that sometimes he can go an entire year or two without any symptoms.

“And those years... those breaks... you’ve just got to be thankful for the mercy, you know? – small as it may be to somebody else.”

Made me want to weep a bit. May Allah grant him shifa.
May Allah make us grateful for health, in health.

Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment