Friday 8 April 2011

Notebooks

Bismillah.

"Whoever lives out that which he knows, Allah will grant him what he does not know." - said the beloved of Allah, and our Master, the Prince of Firdaws, the Leader of Prophets, Muhammad, endless peace upon him, his family, his companions, and those that follow him.

My notebooks are filling up, and yet my limbs are quite still. I have written this year more than I should have, I feel. I have done very little. Yet there is so much more to learn, but still more to do. I really do need to be more proactive.

A while ago, in class with Shaykh I, we were discussing the idea of always bringing every wrong/fault upon the earth back to yourself. i.e. I am the root cause of every evil manifest upon the earth. I asked Shaykh that, having once acknowledged that, how do we practically apply that, yani - what do we do with that? He (may Allah increase and preserve him, and allow me to benefit from him) said: "be your knowledge."

I really need to stop being so lazy.

Procrastination is the enemy of completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment